With founder of Yoga Center for Healthy Living, LLC
SAVOR THE SERENITY - a journey into transformation in Tuscany, Italy
June 15-23, 2013
Lee Ann has a true passion for yoga and its myriad benefits for every b-o-d-y, and has been offering yoga retreats both in/outside the U.S. since 1988. She will show you how to empower yourself and create a space of healing for all.
TUSCANY YOGA RETREAT
- 6:30 am Sunrise Meditation
- 7 am Asana Practice
- 8:15-9:30 am Organic farm breakfast in open air pavilion
- 9:30-10:30 am Satsang on Simplicity, Peace & Joy
- 10:30 am – 4:30 pm Free Time (see ‘Things To Do’)
- 4:30- 6 pm Reflections, Yoga Sutras, Asana, Nidra, Chanting
- 6-6:30 pm Evening Meditation
- 6:30 pm Dinner and Free Time for star gazing, drinks poolside and gentle inner reflections.
- Guided tour of Siena (medieval town) with visit to winery
- Wine tour/tasting at local cellars
Things To Do:
- The small, charming town of Casole d’Elsa is a hub for contemporary artists and is about 10 minutes drive from Gabriella’s Borgo.**
- Visits to the beach and hot springs are also possible, as well as walks in the nearby forests and nature reserves.
- The Borgo neighbours the territory of the ‘Alta val di Cecina’, the Cecina valley, an area of notable naturalistic interest, in fact, the area contains three reserves denominated SIC (sites of European Community interest): Montenero, Monterufoli-Caselli and Berignone.
- The forest of Tatti, with its particular plant life is only a short distance from the Borgo.
- The swimming pool is available during the warm months (May through September) and it is 16 x 8 meters large.
- There is a reading room that also has a wireless internet.
- There is a golf course within 30 minutes drive from the Borgo.
**Bike and car rentals are available at an extra cost.
- Cooking class, Italian culture class (from Opera to learning basic Italian).
- Gabriella’s Borgo is also near Dante Alighieri’s Forest and Gabriella herself is an expert on Scarecrows (having written a book) and she can give an introduction regarding the history and myth behind them for the students.
- $1,865 double occupancy (Single Accommodations are limited)
- $500 non-refundable deposit applies
- The remaining balance is due April 1, 2013.
- Payment plans are available
Gabriella’s Borgo is a recently renovated medieval village, close to Casole d’Elsa and Volterra, in the Tuscan countryside.
The actual Borgo used to be a rural residence dating back to the 16th century. It is the probable birth place, in the 4th century, of Saint Attinia, a venerated saint from the Volterra area. Amongst its illustrious guests in the 1800’s, during the time the Borgo was a summer retreat from the ‘Scolopi‘ fathers, was Pope Pius the ninth.This Borgo is overall a place to enjoy with your heart, sourrounded by a soft landscape and a peculiar light which brings back forgotten emotions of interior freedom. It’s also a place, where one can experience a genuine Tuscany, with its tradition and land culture.
In the local tradition, one says that the Berignone Forest, facing the Borgo, is the one that inspired Dante Alighieri to write about the “Selva Oscura” where his Divine Comedy story starts.
The gardens of the Borgo, with paths lined with aromatic herbs, juniper hedges, myrtle and evergreens, reproduce a Mediterranean environment. The characteristic ‘Osteria’, which used to be the old olive press, is the ideal place for a romantic candlelight dinner overlooking the amazing countryside, or a light lunch on the panoramic terrace.
Lee Ann Louis-Prescott, Ph. D. has been a student of yoga since 1974. Completed Sivananda TTC in 1978, and has been teaching yoga on the east and west coasts, now owning the Yoga Center for Healthy Living in Michigan where she conducts Teachers’ Training, Yoga Retreats, Reiki Training, and Teaches daily classes. She has studied with many teachers over the decades, and thus offers a wide variety of Yogic background and foundational studies! Join the journey in joy! She is assisted by other certified and registered instructors from the Y.C. team of experienced teachers.
For more information about Lee Ann and Yoga Center For Healthy Living, please visit her website – one of Michigan’s Best Yoga Studios!
After studying w/Swami Vishnudevananda for 20 yrs., Lee Ann went on to study with Aadhil Palkava, Baron Baptiste, David Swenson, Kali Rea, Beryl Bender Birch, Shiva Rea, and other well-known instructors. She earned her Ph.D. in Natural Health in 1993; and her Ayurveda certification from the Chopra Center in 2011.
Being known as a ‘TEACHERS’ TEACHER’, Lee Ann has been conducting Yoga Teachers’ Training for RYT 200 & 500 candidates for the past 7 years, along w/training Reiki practitioners for 12 years… She’s conducted yoga retreats for decades, both in and out of the U.S., and is especially excited for the Yoga Retreat in Tuscany in June 2013. Her classes are varied, with a little something for EVERY B-O-D-Y! ~ and this retreat in Italy will include Yin, Partner, Hatha, Vinyasa, Taking Care of Backs, Restorative, Ashtanga classes, meditation & Ayurveda workshops, and SO MUCH MORE!
$1,865 double occupancy (Single Accommodations are limited)
$500 non-refundable deposit applies
Payment plans are available
We look forward to seeing you in Tuscany, Italy! To reserve your spot call Yoga Retreats International at (514) 690-1020 or complete the Contact Us form below.
The YOGA CENTER FOR HEALTHY LIVING,LLC (now in its 12th year of operation) was recently voted in the TOP TWO YOGA STUDIOS IN METRO DETROIT AREA.
“Experiencing Yoga Teachers’ Training w/Lee Ann has been the most educational, informative, challenging, enlightening, fun training I have EVER experienced…I highly recommend the training, and Lee Ann, as the instructor to everyone!” ~ Gwen Ray, Personal Trainer, Pilates Instructor, RYT 200.
“Lee Ann’s Retreats are filled with insight, wisdom, self-discovery, new information, laughter, depth, contemplation, AND MORE~ I am so looking forward to the week-long retreat in Tuscany, along w/her weekend retreat in Nov., again this year.” ~ Karen Lux, Hospice Nurse, yoga practitioner
Book Your Retreat Now!
Terms and Conditions
By entering into a booking agreement with Yoga Retreats International (YRI), you agree that you have read and understood the terms and conditions below.
Initial Deposit/Payment Terms:
A non-refundable deposit of 25% of the total retreat amount is required at the timeof booking. Final payment of the balance will need to be received sixty (60) days before the date of your planned trip. If booking less than 60 days before the retreat, the total amount must be paid in full.
Please do not hesitate in contacting us should you have any questions or special requests in regards to the booking process. We are here to assist you in any way that we can.
If the retreat gets cancelled for any reason there will be a 100% return of any monies received by Yoga Retreats International. This full-refund does not include any travel related expenses, including airline tickets. If for some reason you need to cancel, there will be a full refund up until 30 days before the retreat (less the non-refundable 25% deposit). There is no refund for cancellations less than 30 days before the Retreat. For this reason, we do recommend travel insurance to protect your investment.
At YRI our clients’ needs are our main priority. In each situation, we will do everything that we can to ensure that you have a memorable and unique experience. Many of our yoga retreat partners have terms and conditions specific to their business. In the event that we need to make any changes related to your booking, we will do everything possible to provide you with all relevant information before you travel.
We do not accept responsibility or liability for any cancellations or changes made by The Retreat Property, or events outside of our control, including natural disasters. Our participants safety is of the highest priority, however, YRI does not accept responsibility or liability for any injuries, illnesses, conditions, accidents or death suffered during or after the retreat. Nor do we accept responsibility for any loss or damage to personal property, or early departure by the participant.
Travel insurance is strongly recommended to protect your investment. We will be glad to provide you with details of the insurance coverage services we provide. Talk to us for information or to get a quote on travel, baggage, trip cancellation, accident and medical insurance coverage.
- Cost of travel documentation (including visas and passports)
- Travel insurance
- All flight costs (domestic and international), unless stated otherwise
- Cost of extra luggage
- Service charges at Retreat Center, unless stated otherwise
- Alcoholic drinks
- Optional activities and excursions
- Personal expenses
Deposit and final payments can be made via personal check, Visa/Mastercard, wire transfer or Interac e-transfer (for Canadian clients only). Payment plans are available. Space is limited, reserve early.